Popular Posts

Monday, July 4, 2011

Make Your Own Fountain


As I mentioned earlier,I am a Vitorian officianado. My beautiful THRIFT STORE decorated home reflects that. Since I have just about acquired any furniture I have desired the natural progression of things is to create a victorian garden...and what is a victorian garden without fountains,and ponds.
This is another expense that a family with four kids in college could not possibly accrue.

A fountain that is easy to create without the need for an electical source is a solar fountain. I found a geat deal at Harbor Freight in Woodland Hills.A solar pump advertised on one site for $86.97 on sale for $49.73...Harbor Freight's price was $19.99.

Other items needed is a vessel to function as a well(,such as a copper pan or something decorative), to set the pump in and another vessel to set over the pump ,that will allow the fountain nozzel to fit up through it ,allowing water to flow out it's top...( I have used a fish figurine , many figurines are thinner on the bottom and will break open with just a tap,leaving the rest of the figure intact.You may  have to use a small hose  instead of the rigid nozzel that comes with the pump,in order to have it conform to the figure.

A great feature of the pump is that it's solar collector is on a long cord so that it allows you to place the fountain in other than sunny areas. A disadvantage is that it will only work while the sun is shining on the solar collector.From 10am to 6pm, my delightful little fountain greets guests as they approach my front door.It gives me great pleasure and offers a welcoming greeting to all my visitors.

No comments: