Popular Posts

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Don't Like Those Vinyl Vertical Blinds,Hide Them, No Drilling Great For Renters!

just be sure to clip zip ties excess after secured
note the traditional rod just laid over top of valance

Iam blessed with vertical blinds all over my house. I don't really like them. I don't think victorians had them either. My husband on the other hand REALLY likes them because he says they are good insulation in the windows. They keep the hot California sun out and keep the warmth in in the winter. I have to admit he is right...thus I've come up with some ways to camoflage them or soften their look somewhat.
I have a double problem in that my husband doesn't like holes pounded in the walls,so I do my best to accommodate his wishes especially since he puts up with my victorian fantasy.
In the spare bedroom office,I simply took a standard curtain

rod ,placed a lace curtain on it and draped it over the top of thr blind valance,securing it with zip ties in a way as to not hinder the blind mechanism.This window looks out on the back patio and a fountain so I just wanted minimal coverage.

No comments: