Popular Posts

Saturday, September 17, 2011

How to Cover that Ugly Vent

Our house has a large vent for the central heating and cooling. It is placed on the stair landing, right in a very prominent place readily visible as you enter my home and if you sit at certain places in my living room. Not really a very pleasing sight.
The problem is ,you can't block the vent as it will impede the flow of air. Other than the obvious, placing a piece of decorative material over it I was in a quandary what to do.
First I purchased a very tall narrow antique bird cage to obscure it's appearance. It would allow air flow and worked to a certain degree but it seemed awkward  and wasn't quite tall enough.
Then I remembered a hall tree that I had bought some time ago for $35 from the Salvation Army. It's back was very open and would look great in that spot.
It had carvings and brass poles across the top along with a few hooks to hang some of my collectibles.
I ventured again into my "Hoarders" garage dragged  my prize and put it in place and my problem was solved!
maybe some would say the vent looks better
The birdcage found it's way into my garden making a home for my$.99 store ceramic birds.

No comments: