Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

This Week Is R and R Week Victoria is in the Desert,(in case you didn't notice)

Today a trip to Borrego Springs. To tell you the truth it is all a blur to me, My husband's idea of an excursion is get there as fast as you can ,see what you want to see and get back as fast as you can. There was some really beautiful scenery on the way but couldn't coax my husband to stop for foto's.
scenic little church on the edge of town
mural in the town mall
there's about 11 stores in the mall
guess this was a hideout in the early days, no wonder,tho beautiful very desolate
rugged terrain on the way
more rugged terrain
Salton Sea about 25 mi. from Borrego Springs
Borrego Springs is a very sleepy little town very close to the Mexican border. I was all excited to find an antique shop there but alas it is only open on weekends.I had a nice talk with a couple of people there and was inquisitive as to how these businesses stay open. I was informed that the major portion of the population arrives  in October from Montana,Oregon and Washington. I was also told that at that time the millionaire per ca pita was probably highest of any city. It seems they like to come there for the anonymity it offers...Sorry millioniares,your secret is out.

No comments: