Popular Posts

Monday, September 5, 2011

One More Canopy in my Country French Bedroom

Just love the effect of a canopied bed. Fortunately on this one point I'm rather "hip". (Does anyone use that word anymore?) It seems that all the decorating magazines will have at least one canopied bed featured. At any rate I fell in love with a French Country bedroom featured in one of my favorite magazines"Romantic Homes". .. really turned on by the muted blues and grays, so I set about creating my own..and of course included in that creation was a canopy.
Many years ago, I purchased this unbelievably beautiful silk turquoise coverlet. It had a painted gold design and the most intricate macrame' border. The grand total from Good Will was $2.99. I have used it in many different venues,as a table cloth and as a drape but it never did see it's intended use as a coverlet and alas it still hasn' realized it's  original purpose.
the finished product
note the macrame' border,..love it
also thr pearl and tasseled sari lining
The bedroom that ws my inspiration had chandeliers on each side of the bed. My problem was solved when I found 2 crystal pendant lights,new and unused for 7.99. After hanging them I placed 2 curtain rods through the pendant chains one int the hook near the wall and one in the hook supporing the pendant.I used a white gauzie sari with pearls on its edge to line the canopy and my job was done. 

No comments: