Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ohhhh! My Ultimate Victorian Statement! or MY Parlor organ!!!


I really feel that my home is the ultimate in victorian decor. I have finally reached Nirvana! All this treasured decor or "junk" depending on your perspective was unearthed(sometimes literally) in various forms of entrepenauer establishments,be it junk shop,thriftstore or antique shop at rock bottom prices.There were just a few pieces I so desired but felt I may never find at my price.
One day as I was on a "thrill of the hunt Safari", I walked by a local thrift store and there in the front window in all it's glory was the supreme victorian desire of my heart.
I had seen many of these in one other prominent thrift store all sporting the exorbidant price of $1500.
Here it was in all it's victorian splendor with a plethora of ornate shelves(perfect for displaying treasures) above it's keyboard. No scratches,no missing parts and very few scars to mar its patina.It was more magnificent than any I had ever encountered.I was awestruck!
Tenetively, I approached the shopkeeper and being so choked with excitement, in a bearly audible voice,I asked what the price of that old piece in the window was, not wanting to sound too smitten. Ha, who was I fooling? The response was $500.
That $500 was more than I wanted to part with but convinced I would never find another beauty like this, I flew to the bank(after checking with my longsuffering hubby),withdrew $500 and triumphantly took possession of my affection. As an added bonus the shopkeeper had a sudden surge of generosity and took only $450. It may be that he had an inkling that I would go without Christmas,birthday and mother's day gifts if my husband would permit me to make this purchase.
Now this gorgeous, fantabulous pump organ,subject of so many hours of hunting and searching,graces my "Victorian " parlor.

No comments: