Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Beautiful Boston From A Bus


walking to the bus tour,a lot of walking in this city,..reminds me of my early years in New York City
 One of the most picturesque and beautiful cities I've seen is Boston. I'm straying a bit from thrift store finds but there certainly is nothing more Victoriana than Boston.The weather is clear but the temp is mega cold,at least for us Angelinos and Hawaiians(daughter and son-in-law just settled here from beautiful Hawaii)... so we opted to take the hop on hop off Trolley Tours, only we hopped on and didn't hop off.
WE really saw more than my pictures indicate but these are my best photos.
 ps, my son inlaw and grandson
Mast of USS Constitution..would like to visit it sometime
 
<><><><><><><><><> 
<><><><><><><><><> 
Beautiful new bridge Bunker Hill Bridge  The towers are designed to represent the tower of Bunker Hill


another view of Bunker Hill Bridge
 


remember Cheers?



Can't resist those magnificent victorian brownstone mansions!
 
<><><><><><><><><> 
Trinity Church




covered walkway joining 2 shopping centers,a necessity given the inclement weather,nevertheles a beautiful necessity

Well we did hop off one time for a visit to the "necessary room" as the victorians would call it. Of course it was a shopping center...here we are walking across the beautiful glass covered walkway described earlier






Here it is Randy,Fenway Park,Can I make you really jealous, my son-in-law's work provides a box seat for it's employees


Fenway Park!!!!!


 




MIT Arts Building
 

The Charles River and heading home
decided to add this not so good picture of ultra modern architecture at MIT


Oh well, one more picture of a Victorian facade


No comments: